All admissions to the various Undergraduate and Post graduate programmes of the IMU ( Indian Maritime University) and it’s affiliated Colleges and Institutes will be through All – India Common Entrance test (IMUCET)which is conducted two times per year , normally in the month of May and December.
For the following Undergraduate programme there will be IMUCET test conducted , these programmes are as follows:
- Tech ( Marine Engineering – 4 year Course)
- Tech (Naval Architecture & Ocean Engineering – 4 year course)
- Sc (Ship Building and Repair – 3 year course)
- Sc (Maritime Science – 3 year course)
- Sc ( Nautical Science – 3 year course)
- Diploma in Nautical Science leading to B.Sc. (Applied Nautical Science – 1 year course)
In IMUCET test , multiple choice questions are asked which are based on Class 12th syllabus in following subjects : Maths , Physics , Chemistry and English.
Once the candidates are shortlisted in the IMUCET test based on their scores in the IMUCET test , they are called for counselling at designated IMU Campuses and allotment of seats is carried out for candidates interested in IMU Campuses. There are namely 5 IMU Campuses :
- IMU KOLKATA CAMPUS
- IMU CHENNAI CAMPUS
- IMU VIZAG CAMPUS
- IMU MUMBAI CAMPUS
- IMU COCHIN CAMPUS
All 5 IMU Campuses offer different Undergraduate programmes . For more details please visit IMU official website.
For admission into some IMU affiliated Colleges , separate tests by the Colleges for admission is also carried out with first qualification criteria being to qualify IMUCET test.
Note: Admissions to Diploma in Nautical Science Course , one needs to get “ sponsorship” from a Ship owning or Manning Company apart from qualifying IMUCET test.
IMU CET Eligibility Criteria
QUALIFICATION FOR IMUCET:
Pass/ appearing in 10+2 Examination from a recognized Board / University with Physics , Chemistry and Maths ( with not less than 60% in PCM)
With Physics as an individual subject in one of the years of B.SC in PCM or Electronics with an average of not less than 50% marks from UGC/DCE recognized University.
BE/B.Tech Degree from College recognized by AICTE.
AGE LIMIT FOR IMUCET:
Age as on date of admission shall be between 17 years and 25 years.
For SC and ST candidates maximum age relaxation is of 5 years.
RESERVATION OF SEATS FOR IMUCET:
For SC candidates – 15% quota
For OBC candidates – 27% quota
For ST candidates – 7.5% quota
For DA candidates – 3% quota
PHYSICAL FITNESS FOR IMUCET
Candidate is required to produce medical fitness by authorities authorized by Director General Of Shipping.
EYESIGHT FOR IMUCET
- Candidates joining DNS , Bsc ( Nautical Science) and BSc ( Maritime Science)degree course are not allowed to wear glasses and their vision should be 6/6 (normal) in each eye separately.
- In case of candidates joining B.Tech (Marine Engineering) degree course, glasses may be allowed but eyesight in each eye beyond +/-2.5 will be rejected. Unaided vision should be 6/12 in both eyes minimum or 6/9 in the good eye and 6/12 in the other eye minimum.
- NO COLOUR BLINDNESS.
Know more About NDA